Tuesday 28 September 2010

Not Ashamed - 1st December 2010

I have just had a phone call from a friend who directed me to the Christian Concern For Our Nation web site (http://www.ccfon.org/). They are promoting a 'Not Ashamed' day for December 1st 2010 and the question put to me was 'Is this something that we might get involved in?'. A dedicated web site can also be seen at http://www.notashamed.org.uk/ for those that would like more information.
 I will certainly be showing this to the elders and the congregations of the Roundchurch and St.Johns because it says something that I hear more and more people saying to me - 'Why are we so quiet when so much that is going on is heading in a wrong direction?'. This is a view that I am sympathetic to and one of my hopes in ministry is that existing congregations will simply become more confident in their faith and start speaking up more. I don't subscribe to any suggestion of militancy or constantly writing to MP's as some do, largely because the exercise seems so negative and futile. Jesus did not say send letters to the Emperor, he said 'Go and make disciples'. So, we don't need to be militant but as Joshua said 'as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord' (Joshua 24:15). If we all took up that simple viewpoint, we could do quite a lot!

I recommend you take a look at the web sites mentioned above.

No comments:

Post a Comment