Friday 28 January 2011

Happy Anniversary

A member of one of my congregations has just dropped by the manse to leave a present and a card commemorating the fact that I am 'one' today; I was ordained a year ago. This person shall remain unamed, to avoid embrassment, but has been a constant supporter and encourager of myself and Gwen since our arrival a year ago.
What a year!
11 weddings, 28 funerals, and five baptisms - all of which lead to great highs and lows as you go on the emotional roller-coaster hoping to engage and encourage these people as they go through the major events of life.
What a blessing!
The privilege of getting to know people, and for them to so freely invite me into their lives is just amazing. So much in one year. Thank you God for the privilege and joy of being an ordained minister.
I could of course mention the changes...  but you all know what they are, and I look forward to many more as we try to steer a course to future promises and away from past blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment