Wednesday 2 February 2011

Now for something completely different



I keep hearing the expression in church circles that 'one size does fit anymore', but do those using the expression really believe what they are saying? This video is hardly regular church and it takes a while to get to the words (unless presumably you are under 30 and grew up singing this stuff?) but those that I catch have a theology that is OK by me. Isn't that the filter we should be using ie theology, rather than condemn it because it's a rap, it's too loud, and the guys singing it are probably not white? I can tell you I get really excited when I see God's word moving in different circles from my own. The group even call themselves 'ImpurFektFaith' (they spell it incorrectly - tut tut) - but the name still hits the mark for me.

Don't get me wrong, this is not 'my cup of tea' but I really enjoyed the message.... definitely a good one for a family service (in 2013?). Perhaps a 'Make War' banner should become a 'Make War on Sin' banner to improve it a bit? ... but now I am being picky :)

No comments:

Post a Comment