Saturday 19 November 2011

A man died this week

A man died this week. On the operating table. Not much older than me. Quiet man. Not seen him for 30 years. As a young christian he introduced me to Matthew 25. Taught me a lot of things. Started a charity called Archway - http://​www.archwayfoundation.org.uk/ which is still going.The Lectionary reading this week is Matthew 25:31-46 where Jesus points out some criteria that will be used at Judgement Day;
•I was hungry, and you gave me something to eat, (or you gave me nothing to eat).
•I was thirsty, and you gave me something to drink, (or you gave me nothing to drink).
•I was a stranger, and you welcomed me in, (or did not welcome me in).
•I needed clothes and you clothed me, (or did not clothe me).
•I was sick and you looked after me, (or did not look after me).
•I was in prison and you came to visit me, (or did not look after me).

Some coincidence methinks.
So, I will have plenty to say tomorrow morning....

No comments:

Post a Comment