Thursday 25 August 2011

What is Church all about... what is it meant to be?

A friend sent me this video and it says so much in so short a time. Take a moment to play it through a couple of times.
It reminds me that I am not called here to get people into church. I am called here as a minister to introduce people to Jesus Christ and encourage them to become disciples. That is how it has worked for two thousand years and it is still working.
It has always been so that there are those that laugh, some even oppose at considerable lengths, but the message goes on. That is the message that I will be giving and I hope to get more and more effective in that.

If you like the video and want to know more, give me a call or come along to the Islay Fellowship meetings at the Baptist Church, Bowmore, 7.30pm on Wednesday evenings.

No comments:

Post a Comment